- Toby Inkster
- india; spicy; chicken; recipes; curry
This is a korma-like chicken curry.
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts, skins and bones removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 450g tin of chopped tomatos
- 300g unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon corriander
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- some powdered chilli - adjust quantity to taste
Chop the chicken breasts into smaller chunks - each breast should make roughly 10 to 12 chunks.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken until the surface of all chunks is white (ie: sealed). Add the chopped onion and cumin and continue frying. When the onion becomes transparent, add the tomatos and natural yoghurt. The meal should now start to go an off-putting shade of pink. Do not worry - in fact, stir the meal and grind in the tomatos to make sure that the red and white globs of yoghurt and tomato blend together to form pink! Now add the garam masala, chilli, corriander and turmeric. That should fix the colour! Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is roughly half evaporated.
Serve with naan bread and/or rice and maybe with some poppadums and chutney.