- Toby Inkster
- red-pepper; china; recipes
- 2 red peppers, chopped into long strips
- 1 onion, chopped into thin rings or half-rings
- Baby sweet corn
- 2 red chilli peppers, chopped
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2.5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons cornflour
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine
- a handful of fresh corriander, torn roughly
Mix all the ingerdients for the sweet and sour sauce in a cup until they form a smooth liquid.
Heat a little oil in a wok or large frying pan. When the oil is boiling, add the peppers, onion, corn and chilli. Let the vegetables fry for a few minutes. Give the sauce a quick stir again and then add it into the wok. The sauce will now start thickening. Keep stirring the contents of the wok.
Serve immediately with rice or noodles and sprinkle the torn corriander over the top.
Add some diced chicken!