- Toby Inkster
- pasta; chorizo; chicken; recipes
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 100g Spanish chorizo sausage, chopped
- 150g dried penne or similar dried pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- small handful parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Chop each pepper into 4---6 sections, discarding the stalks and seeds. Grill the chopped pepper, skin side up until the skin is charred and blackened. Place the grilled peppers in a plastic bag, seal and set aside to cool.
Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
Meanwhile, finely chop the chicken. Fry in olive oil until brown and then add the chorizo and garlic.
When the peppers have cooled enough to be handled, remove from the bag. Peel off the charred skins and discard. Chop the flesh of the peppers and add it to the chicken and chorizo. Also, add the paprika and stir well.
Once cooked, drain the pasta. Add the parsley and pasta to the chicken and chorizo mixture and stir together. Heat through and serve.