- Toby Inkster
- spicy; pork; thailand; recipes
- 350g pork, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, chopped
- 140g rice
- 400 mL coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/4 tablespoon mint
- some powdered chilli - adjust quantity to taste, but remember: the best Thai curries are very hot!
- a little vegetable oil
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and put some water in a saucepan on to boil. In a third pan, bring the coconut milk almost to boil. Fry the pork, onion and capsicum in the frying pan. Add the lemon grass, fish sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, basil, mint and chilli to the coconut milk. Cook the rice in the boiling water for about 15 minutes, or according to the instructions on the packaging
In the last minute or two before serving, add the pork, onion and capsicum mixture to the coconut milk. If you add it any earlier, the pork will become extremely tough.
Drain rice and serve.