* Chilli con Carne or vegitarian chilli
* 300g tortilla chips
* 150—200g grated medium chedder
* 2 chopped green chilli peppers
* 6 chopped spring onions
* 6 chopped cherry tomatos
* 3 tablespoons soured cream
* 1 tablespoon chopped chives
* Fresh corriander, torn roughly
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons of soured cream
- juice of half a lime (equivalent amount of lemon juice will do)
- one small tomato, chopped finely
- half a green chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
- quarter of a red onion, chopped finely
Preheat an oven to 180°C.
Cover the bottom of a large casserole dish with tortilla chips (about 120g worth). Sprinkle about 80g of grated cheese over the top. Now pour on the prepared chilli, while still hot. Layer the remaining tortilla chips and cheese over the top and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Mash the flesh of the avocado in a bowl using a fork. Stirin soured cream, lime juice, tomato, chilli, onion and salt to taste. The guacamole should be mildly spicy. In another bowl, mix the soured cream and chives together.
Take the nachos out of the oven and spoon the guacamole over the top. On top of this, pour the sour cream mixture. Garnish with the chopped spring onions, cherry tomatos, chilli and corriander.